Monday, February 7, 2011

Subtle Snowflakes

Still have snow on the brain. After last week's two big storms we were getting another 1-2 inches this morning. Its great for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. We do both around the farm, Dave has made a nice track for us around the pond and the back field. Not so great of course for driving. There was one spot on my drive in to work that was just 1 lane for 3 days. We got the big snow on Wednesday and by Friday on my way in to work it was still 1 lane. They finally got it cleared during the day Friday. In my post about Dave delivering the order by pony I said we got 14.5 inches, the actual count was 18.7 inches. In case you missed it you have to see him holding the Stampin''UP! bag sitting on the horse. Its great!

The colors on this card are Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke. The card base is Naturals Ivory - I felt that a white card base was too crisp and white, I wanted something more muted. The snowflakes are from a set called Jolly Bingo Bits.

This is an easy lay-out to re-design. The green base is 3" square, the purple is 2 3/4" square, the white is 2 1/2" square and the 4 colored pieces were punched with the 1" square punch. Think about your stamps and which ones would be small enough to fit in the punch. Then decide which colors would go well with the image. You can add a ribbon or some brads. This is an all-purpose design that goes well for many occasions and with many stamp sets.

Let me know if there's any way I can help with your stamping needs.  Be sure to check out the rest of my blog for more creative ideas.

--Katie

No comments: