Sunday, November 28, 2010

My New Favorite Stamp Set: French Foliage

Stamp Set: French Foliage.  I just counted, this is the 4th card I've posted this month using this set. This is a super simple fall card using French Foliage (page 14 in the mini catalog). I really like how this card turned out, the color combination is very soft and natural. And the poly stitched ribbon is perfect on this card, its a more natural looking fiber and gives this card a casual beauty.

Saving Scraps: I stamped each leaf image onto scrap paper and used the square punches to make the layers. Are you like me, do you save every little scrap because you just "know" you'll be able to use it for something later? You gotta love any card that lets you use up that scrap paper!

A note about framing and layering:  Usually you cut each piece 1/4" smaller than the piece that frames it.  On this card the white card itself was cut that way, 1/4" less in width and 1/4" less in height. But the punches I used for the leaf squares were the 1 1/4" punch for the white and the 1 3/8" punch for the colored piece behind it which is only 1/8" larger. This is better for these small squares because these pieces would look like they were swimming in a larger mat. 

Supplies for this card:
Stamp Sets:  French Foliage [p. 14 of the Mini Catalog] and a retired sentiment
Colors: Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke, More Mustard
Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, 1/2" Stitched Poly Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz

Like I said in the beginning, French Foliage has quickly become one of my favorite sets. If you like it too then you should be sure to buy it before the mini Catalog buying period ends on Jan 3rd. Sometimes the mini stamp sets do carry over into the new main catalog - but not always - there is no guarantee. As a demonstrator I like when the new mini catalogs come out and we have a chance to play with fresh images. And I'm usually OK with the fact that most of the mini catalog sets will simply be retired. The concept is "get 'um while they're hot". I understand the need for the company to always have fresh items to sell.  But I will admit that I'll be really sad when French Foliage retires.  Contact me if you want to buy this stamp set or if you need any other stamping supplies. Actually NOW is the time to buy. Did you read the post about the BIG SALE Stampin'UP! is having right now? Selected items range from 20% off up to 50% off, including the software package called My Digital Studio which can be used for doing digital scrapbooking and for making Christmas Cards.And if your order is over $150 you get FREE SHIPPING as well as Hostess Benefits. Call me (608-220-3450) for more information or to place an order.

Thanks for choosing me as your source of stamping inspiration and education.  I'm here to help.  Your choice to purchase your stamping supplies through me helps to support this website.--Katie

No comments: