Saturday, November 27, 2010

Autumn Days Wheat Card

I love fall.  I love the colors and the fresh air and the changing of the seasons and the anticipation of the holidays and . . . yeah, its a great season.  This week was Thanksgiving.  Here is a photo of our table before the chaos of the meal.  All three girls were home, Dana's fiance joined us as did Sara's new young man.  Kaia made the trip down from the Twin Cities but her husband had to work. We are so blessed with our family.  And I am blessed with and grateful for your presence in my life.  Thank-you for sharing my love of stamping.


The meal was  wonderful.  Add to the list that I love the fall food.  And the fall colors.  They are great inspiration for art work. What do you think of this color combination? Cajun Craze and Black with touches of gold. I love the colors on this card, to me they are so warm and earthy. The gold embossing, brads and gold cord add the perfect touch of elegance. The supplies I used on this card include:
Autumn Days Stamp Set
Sanded Background Stamp
Gold Brads
Gold Cord
Gold Embossing Powder (and Heat Gun)
Dimensionals (the focal piece is popped up)
Versamark Ink Pad
Stamp-a-Ma-Jig (to position the Wheat image)
Mat Pack (to position the holes for the brads)

Versamark Ink Pads have a variety of uses:
1) I used Versamark on the background stamp: Sanded, to make the background on this card.  As an ink Versamark is great!  What ever you stamp on, thats the color it makes.  On blue you'd see blue, on yellow you'd see yellow and here on Cajun Craze, you see Cajun Craze. 
2) I also used Versamark as the "glue" to hold the embossing powder to the black paper prior to embossing.  The process of embossing is simply melting the metallic powder into the paper.  You just need something sticky to hold the powder in place while its being heated. Versamark inks are a stickier ink and perfect for this purpose. Everyone should have a Versamark Ink Pad.

Thanks for choosing me as your source of stamping inspiration and education.  I'm here to help.  Your choice to purchase your stamping supplies through me helps to support this website.
--Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table setting and card! :) Looking forward to following along from SC!