Saturday, October 16, 2010

Grated Paper Fluff

  
 
Here is a new technique for embellishing your projects!  The really grate [bad pun intended] thing about this is is that it doesn't require you to purchase anything, it uses things you already have in your house AND it uses up some of those little pieces of scrap paper that we all save.  The final look is similar to a commercial product called Flower Soft - but you don't have to buy anything and you can get a perfect match to the other colors on your project. When people are shopping for stamping supplies I always remind them of the advantage to getting ALL your colored product from one company.  Its so frustrating to try to make a project when the colors are not coordinated and Stampin'Up! has such a great color pallette, its one of the reasons I chose Stampin'Up!

OK - so here's how I made those fluffy colored images.  I rolled up some scrap paper into a tight roll (like a carrot) and I grated them.  Yep! Thats it.  Its so simple but it really adds a WOW factor to the cards.  Plus its fun to touch :).  To adhere the fluff to the paper I used liquid Tombo glue and spread it around with a toothpick or Q-tip.  I was a little afraid that the glue would smear the image so I embossed it rather than just stamping it. 
The middle card is the little lamb from Pun Fun.  The white paper was easier to grate than the colored papers.  Both of the tree images come from a set called Lovely as a Tree.  Here in Wisconsin the trees are all turning such lovely fall colors so my spreading oak tree is very seasonal.  With the holidays coming up I've toyed with turning the evergreen into a Christmas card.

In addition to the supplies listed below I embossed the image on each card in black.  And, of course, you'll need your kitchen grater.

Supplies for the Oak Tree Card:
Stamp Set:  Lovely as a Tree
Colors:  Always Artichoke, Soft Suede and Early Expresso
also, various fall colored scrap papers
Accessories: 1/8" Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

Supplies for the Sheep Card:
Stamp Set:  Pun Fun
Colors:  Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red
Accessories: none

Supplies for the Evergreen Card:
Stamp Set:  Lovely as a Tree
Colors: Naturals White paper and Always Artichoke
Accessories: none 

Let me know if there is any way I can help you with your stamping.
Please contact me with any suggestions or questions. Your feedback is appreciated.
Be sure to check my class calendar for future events.

2 comments:

Mary said...

WOW what a great idea! Thank you for sharing too! Mary

n8tvtexan said...

LOVE this technique!!! Thanks for sharing.